Three candidates, Lamin Kaba Bajo, Buba Mbye Bojang and Omar Danso are cleared by the Normalisation Committee of the Gambia Football Federation to contest the September 20 presidential elections.
Two others, former presidents Mustapha Kebbeh and his predecessor Seedy Kinteh have been blocked from running (see page 13 for full details).
The announcement was made Friday at Football House where NC vice chairman and elections spokesman Ba Jabbie told a packed room of journalists: “The NC, acting under its Fifa-appointed mandate to serve as the electoral commission for the organisation of elections of an new executive bureau of GFF, has carefully scrutinised the files of the nominated candidates and has resolved that three candidates have been approved by the NC as eligible to contest for office of the president of the Gambia Football Federation and they are Omar Danso, Buba Bojang and Lamin Kaba Bajo while those whose nominations have not been approved by the NC are: Mustapha Kebbeh, Seedy MB Kinteh.”
Mr Jabbie further stated that the NC will work on organising a national TV debate between the contesting candidates.
NC chairman, Alhagie Sillah, presided over the press briefing assisted by spokesman Musa Sise, and members Ndey Fatou Sillah, Vitalise and Badara Sanneh.
Both Mr Kebbeh and Kinteh declined to comment on their election banning claiming they have not been officially informed. But Kebbeh’s camp had earlier said they would have options including litigation should any of their candidates be arbitrarily banned.]]>