The team, comprising six athletes and a coach was due to fly out before the games started Monday.
The GAA had earlier stated that they have forwarded information about their planned participation in the championship to the Ministry of Youth and Sports MOYS but are yet to hear from them. They also said normally the Gambia National Olympic Committee, GNOC, used to fund this type of Olympic qualifiers but since that bureau has been shut down it is not possible to access such facilities from them.
The Standard contacted deputy permanent secretary Abdoulie Kah who said he only took office a few days ago and would need time to make consultations before he can comment on this matter.
By Lamin Cham