By Olimatou Coker
A fire outbreak has razed the entire house of the Bah Kunda family to ashes in New Yundum Wednesday leaving them homeless.
The inferno started when no one was in the house and so it was too late for any intervention, an eye witness told The Standard.
Apart from the masonry and roofings, valuables such as beddings, clothe furniture, food stuff and money all perished in the fire.
Alieu Bah, the house owner said he had gone to work when he was called back by neighbours only to find his house burnt down.
According to Bah, the fire had already been put out when he arrived thanks to the intervention of the Fire and Ambulance service but it was too late for him and his family. “We have lost just everything; from assets to even identity documents like birth certificates. As I speak today we are left with only the clothes we are wearing,” he said in tears.
However Bah thanked his neighbours for giving his family support and temporary lodging and appealed to government, the Brikama Area Council and humanitarian organizations for help to keep his family through the rainy season.