Ahead of the fast moving GFF Elective Congress slated for August 18, incumbent President of the Gambia Football Federation Lamin Kaba Bajo and team have unveiled their vision and mission in what is encapsulated as a continuation of football development agenda for the next four years as the team kicks off to ushering in a renewed mandate.
The stewardship specifies at its opening that that Team Kaba will ultimate its agenda with a vision“to develop and promote a healthy football community in The Gambia, stabilise and improve the financial and administrative infrastructure of Gambian football and ensure better cooperation between the GFF and football stakeholders, the Gambia Government, Caf and Fifa” while its holistic mission will be “ to unite, stabilise and sustain an upward trend in football development with key focus on qualifying Gambia for Afcon and the Fifa World Cup ”.
Key on the array of objectives for Team Kaba include:
1. To continue improving the Technical and Administrative capacity of the GFF in line with the National Football Development Plan to increase the number of trained Football Coaches, Administrators, Referees and Medics.
2. To continue improving Football Infrastructure in the country with a view of uplifting the standard of football throughout the country by rehabilitating existing grounds and constructing new grounds.
3. To introduce women’s football to the outer four regions of the country (NBR, LRR, CRR & URR) and improve the standard of women’s football throughout the country by assisting the Women’s Football Association and the Regional Football Associations to organize women’s football and raise the profile of women’s football throughout the country.
4. To professionalize Clubs and Leagues in the country by assisting clubs to better organize themselves, to be more structured and financially independent and also improve the management and organization of the Regional and National Leagues.
5. To continue improving the financial base of the GFF to make it less dependent on Government and FIFA by implementing Income Generating Projects like the Football Hotel that shall accrue revenue to the GFF and implement Cost Reduction Measures.
The Team has put up a National Football Development Plan (NFDP) geared towards the accelerated development of all aspects of Football in The Gambia over the next four years.
The KABA led Executive Committee shall pursue vigorously the following key objectives:
1. PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE
2. NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE
3. REGIONAL FOOTBALL
4. WOMEN’S FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT
5. GRASSROOTS & YOUTH FOOTBALL
6. NATIONAL TEAMS DEVELOPMENT
7. INCOME GENERATING
Source GFF website