The National Sports Council NSC announced over weekend that it has placed the Gambia football federation GFF underestimations on various matters. According our sources, a team of experts has been invited to serve, as a panel of investigators and will soon is duly unveiled.The National Sports Council NSC announced over weekend that it has placed the Gambia football federation GFF underestimations on various matters.
According our sources, a team of experts has been invited to serve, as a panel of investigators and will soon is duly unveiled.The full test of the NSC statement is reproduced. Following the meeting of the National Sports Council Members held on the 28th October 2017at the Board Room of the independence stadium, the Council considered the under mentioned football issues during the meeting.
1. GFF Response Letter to the NSC alleging and reporting the government of the Republic of the Gambia to FIFA and CAF for lack of transparency in the mobilization, handling, disbursement of funds for the national teams’ activities’
2. Alleged Financial Fraud against Gambia Football Federation during the Stakeholders Press Conference.
3. Regional Football Association Presidents Press Conference on the alleged constitutional violations on the Regional Football Associations 2017 Elective Congresses.
4. The Gambia Football Federation President Press Conference in response to the allegations.
5. Football Match fixing allegations against Gambia Football Federation.
6. Petitions by some Football Clubs against the GFF and others irregularities within GFF.In the wake up of the above, the Council, on the 2nd November 2017 has sent a notice of investigation to the Gambia Football Federation following the allegations.The NSC wish to inform all sports stakeholders and the Gambia football federation members that an investigation is sanctioned into the above allegations.
The NSC wishes to assure all stakeholders, GFF Members, Partners and the general public that a thorough and fair investigation will be conducted by a team of experts in these areas.We hope the investigation will provide the necessary answers and resolutions in the allegations, thus it will also help to mitigate our football challenges.All football stakeholders, partners and the General public are reminded to take necessary precautions when dealing with the Gambia Football Federation from henceforth until further notices.The NSC under the Ministry of Youth and Sports wishes to reaffirm its commitment to sports development sphere that is globally accepted under the new government and therefore the NSC will work tirelessly to attain government’s youth development agenda in the areas of sports in the new Gambia.