27 C
City of Banjul
Saturday, January 16, 2021

Fire razes property worth over D500,000

- Advertisement -

Confirming the incident to The Standard, a grief-stricken victim Mustapha Jallow, who is resident in the compound said: “The fire started from the first apartment because of an electric fault. The fire started at the meter which was placed outside. It quickly spread to the first house and before they realised, it got to the second house. The woman in the first house was screaming for help. We even had to break the wall in order to rescue the woman and her family. Her elder daughter was admitted in hospital. 

- Advertisement -

“We lost everything right now we are homeless and we don’t have anything. There are three apartments each with a meter; the first apartment where the fire started had a faulty meter after three in the morning. We were few in the compound before the incident. Thank God the neighbours were very helpful; we are seeking for help from the general public and well wishers to come to our aid.”

]]>

- Advertisement -
Join The Conversation
- Advertisment -

Latest Stories

baba

Ahmadiyya Jama’at extends post-disaster relief to 300 families

By Momodou Darboe The Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama'at is set to provide relief to 300 disaster-hit families in some parts of the country, revealed the Amir...
- Advertisment -