Lamin Darboe said the purpose of the press briefing at the Independence Stadium last Thursday was to update the public on what they are doing.
He explained: “In terms of mobilisation, in the all-inclusive package, we are targeting men and women, local authorities, people in the health sector, education, agriculture, tourism, government ministries and NGOs, youths, girls and boys are to ensure that everybody contributes to Nayconf. We were able to do this through the media campaigns we had and with support from the UNDP we have purchased nine air times in each of the regions. We want young people to engage their communities, so that they are able to discuss their opinions.”
Mr Darboe said they want to ensure that young people understand what is happening with regard to Nayconf and share their ideas to make the national youth jamboree a success.
He said the purpose of the youth conference was not to congregate and fold their hands and just listen to speeches but to engage all stakeholders accountable. “So the principle of all-inclusive, consultative, participatory Nayconf is still within our reach,” he said.
He said flag tours have been held in all regions to raise public awareness about the festival.
Landing Sanneh, a member of the organising committee, made similar remarks and opined that the 2014 Nayconf will be “the best” and said “so far, everything is going positively”.
He said they have spoken to all the stakeholders to make them au fait with the progress of organisation of the event.]]>